REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
February 28, 2022
Beaver Island Community School
Boiler Burner Retrofit
(Bid Proposals Due at 3:30 pm on Wednesday, March 9, 2022)
Please consider this document a formal Request for Proposals (RFP) for a complete burner
replacement including flame safeguard controls to retrofit the existing Bryan CL-150 (Burner
Model Number R8.0-0-05) boiler at Beaver Island Community School (BICS). The project
includes the following:
• Furnish and install new burner,
• Adapt all existing oil piping to new burner system,
• Properly dispose of old boiler system, and
• Necessary field coordination.
Sealed bid proposals must be received in the BICS office before 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday,
March 9, 2022. Bidders are encouraged to visit the school and inspect the existing boiler or call
to discuss project with Wil Cwikiel, BICS Superintendent/Principal. Bids will be opened at 3:31
p.m. on Wednesday, March 9, 2022. All bidders are welcome to be present at the opening.
Beaver Island Community School (BICS) reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
The final selection for the contractor for this project will be made at the regularly-scheduled
March 14, 2022 BICS Board of Education meeting.
Any qualified contractors interested in submitting a bid are encouraged to meet with the BICS
Superintendent/Principal to discuss and review the project prior to preparing and submitting a
bid. To set up an appointment, please call (231) 448-2744.
All submitted bids must include:
• Not-to exceed bid amount with itemized cost estimates for each aspect of the project,
• Proposed completion date of the project,
• Proof of proper boiler installer’s licensure, and
• Provide current proof of general liability and workman’s comp insurance.
All bid proposals must be received in the Beaver Island Community School office before 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 9, 2022.